Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 10k miles I changed the fuel filter as a precaution against any manufacturing debris etc in the tank. I broke 2 of the 3 cheap a** clips. I tie-wrapped the 2 broken clips in place.

Car runs fine and no apparent gas leaks.

Is this car drivable for a quick run to Kragen or Ford parts? I dont want to be a fireball or cited for any fuel spills.

Thanks!

·
Registered
467 Posts
if you are confident in your zip ties then maybe, what style of clip is on the 05 I know the 00-04 had a white clip you squeeze together and push through to the other side? ford also uses a red slip that works the same but it had a tab that fold over to lock it in place

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
white in color that slips easily thru two notches in the fitting. posted photo in my gallery but pending approval.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$5.24 each at the Ford dealer for the little clips - didnt they used to come with the filter?

All is fixed and I like to think it does idle smoother, makes me feel better. [:)] [:)]

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
i just changed the filter on mine, was 8 bucks for a filter and 2 clips... ford dealers blow, they overcharge for everything...ugh

·
Registered
459 Posts
Where is the fuel filter ?
I need to do mine this weekend.
Thanks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I read that before I posted actually.
But I still don't know where the filter is located.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
the fuel filter is either on the back or the front of the fuel tank. clearence is
limited. Advise use of car ramps or jack stands. ramps make it easier though.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts