Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[?] Hey guys,
I've been getting a pretty bad 'stutter' when making a hard accelleration lately. So, I went ahead and changed my fuel filter. Everything went fine, but when i removed the fuel line from each end of the old filter, there wasn't a whole lot of pressure, fuel just kinda ran out of each end. When my buddy did his, there was a lot of pressure, and the fuel sprayed from each end. And even after the change, I'm still getting some substantial hesitation during accelleration. Any input? Thanks.

Xander

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Thats not a problem your friend is just building pressure and your not and that good but your hesitation might come from a dirty coil towers to bad wires or plug.... Might be injectors hope not tho...

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
^^^good points
yea put some injector cleaners in your full tank of gas
and i would def check for some new wires.....get regular ones...same shiiiiiiit

·
Registered
369 Posts
i got a stutter too, there was a recall out for feul delivery systems, check that too. dunno about the later years..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check your Fuel presure - It should be between 35-65 psi, you can do this at the fuel rail, there should be a schrader fitting there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gotta release the pressure first, before taking the fuel filter off. Here is a guide to the whole job:

As for no pressure in the lines, that sounds like a bad fuel pump...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts