Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vehicle is a 2003 ZX3. I was under it today and noticed how rusted the fuel filler neck is getting. I don't know if it will make it through the winter.

I once replaced a fuel filler neck on a Chrysler, but this one looks a bit different. The Chrysler had three screws around the gas cap area, and that was pretty much it at that end.

Can anyone suggest a procedure for this? Are the metal tubes just connected to rubber hoses that slide over them?

If I pull the old one apart from the rubber hose it attaches to am I going to have gas pouring out all over me?

Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? I don't even see the screws I was expecting to see, the three that surround the gas cap, but I suspect they are there. It would be good to have a description before I just go prying away at things.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Knot. That's very interesting. I'm not sure there is anything that connects the plastic boot to the fuel filler neck. I guess I'll know when I see the replacement. Still, gives me a little more confidence that I know what I'm getting into.

I did see a youtube video on a Ford Ranger or Taurus or something and it looked pretty similar and straightforward.

I guess I best stop dithering and order the filler neck.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts