Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw the how to on how to change the filter but i didnt understand where it is.

can anyone plz tell me where it is located

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Get the car up on a jackstand or a lift and look up in front of the tank . It is kind of up ina recess. Follow the fuel line to it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah you will see it once you get under there. Should not take more then 10 minutes to change it out.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Watch for getting fuel in your eyes, its best to depresurize the system first..

·
Registered
329 Posts
What they said ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ . A fuel filter wrench is pretty helpful...... Disclaimer (not responsible for injuries occured while smoking) LOL

·
Registered
133 Posts
Make sure you have the quick discoonect line tool. You can buy a set at Autozone or Discount Auto for a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I do it about every 10-15K miles which is a tad overkill. Usually every 20-30K miles is adequate.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
No more than 30k between changes is a good idea, especially with some of the crap they are selling as fuel these days.

·
Registered
301 Posts
i didn't need a fuel filter wrench for mine, just had to release the clips. pretty easy. definitely depressurize the system by disconnecting the fuel filter fuse and running the car till it dies. i had to start my car twice before it equalized.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
definitely depressurize the system by disconnecting the fuel filter fuse
He means the fuel pump fuse.

Make sure you have the quick discoonect line tool. You can buy a set at Autozone or Discount Auto for a couple of bucks.
You don't need the disconnect tools for the focus. Only plastic clips that you pull out....or break taking out. So you should probably get extras while at the parts store when doing the fuel filter yourself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts