Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short; old jetta beats my pzev due to fuel cut off. followed by a zetek due to fuel cut off. I never thought I'd have to go that fast, but losing to those makes me want to rip it out! ARH! I know I can take both of them...

·
Registered
34 Posts
You are talking about the 108mph governor aren't you?

If so, it is not a fuel cutoff. The cars computer actually pulls timing on the engine when it approches 100....it continues to do so, until the car no longer has enough power to go past 108mph.

If you are talking about the rev limiter, all you need to do is shift earlier.

Why race past 100 anyways? That is much farther than a 1/4th mile in our cars. You are most likely doing that freeway stuff......so you are out of luck.

Pzev

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
focusonthefocus said:
Long story short; old jetta beats my pzev due to fuel cut off. followed by a zetek due to fuel cut off. I never thought I'd have to go that fast, but losing to those makes me want to rip it out! ARH! I know I can take both of them...
Where the hell are you driving that you need to get past the spped govenor?

Thats like a 25 second drag race, or your racing on the freeway, know this, racing from a roll is for scumbags who want to injure others.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I hit it many times out at VIR during lapping days.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have a feeling he is not talking about the track....

See you in one of those horrible pictures of crashed focuses soon!

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why would I race on the freeway? my brother nearly lost his life that way. I know better... just didn't think that people would think that I'm that dumb.

·
Registered
466 Posts
how in the heck did you lose to a zetec (assuming you have a duratec) did he have a freakin turbo or something. you need to shift earlier before the rev limiter kicks in at about 6,500 rpm. you should never lose to a zetec unless he's got some sort of forced induction or a crap load of bolt-ons.

·
Registered
65 Posts
always shift before 6,000 grand the hp tops off at 5750 and beginging to drop after that so think smart man

·
Registered
466 Posts
if you shift before 6k, your starting horsepower/torque in each gear after you shift won't be as much as it would be if you were to shift later. If you shift later, your rpms will be higher in the next gear. I'm not that experienced, so maybe I'll post a new thread about this.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
dudemanzx3 said:
how in the heck did you lose to a zetec (assuming you have a duratec) did he have a freakin turbo or something. you need to shift earlier before the rev limiter kicks in at about 6,500 rpm. you should never lose to a zetec unless he's got some sort of forced induction or a crap load of bolt-ons.
wrong. we dont have to have a crap load of bolt on's, and we especially dont need forced induction, what do you think you have a 300 hp engine? im curious to see if youve ever even raced a zetec with a couple mods

·
Registered
466 Posts
i used to have a zetec. mods: 9mm plug wires,catback exh magnaflow, cai focus sport. My pzev was a lot faster stock than my old zetec with these mods. I have also raced a friend of mine with a zetec. I'm not sure what he has done to it besides exh, but I stomped him into the ground with my pzev. I definatley exagerated a little with the turbo stuff. All I was trying to say is that a pzev should more than likely beat a zetec.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i had a zetec once, and trust me the PZEV is way faster. what can i do to beat a 5.0 L MUSTANG. i raced one and he smoked me by half a car. I think the mustang was stock,but my duratec is stock too. i thought the 5.0s were way faster. what bolt on would give the most HP?

·
Registered
397 Posts
MY FRIEND HAS A 95' ACCORD, STOCK. HE WANTS TO RACE ME. YOU THINK I HAVE A CHOICE IN MY STOCK DURATEC.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts