Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i replaced the fuel filter in my car because i've been having a bit of problems in hot weather and the car running. The water temp stays in the middle so the car isn't over heating.

But today my car started chugging and acted like the tranny was slipping and then it died.. and I had to wait a while before i could get it started.. I'm thinking my Tranny is going as well as my fuel pump. Any idea's on what these cost or anything? And before it started chugging my check engine light came on.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i'd have to code pulled for the CEL before you go thinking the tranny's going. it could be something simple. . .

·
Registered
514 Posts
I had something similar to that happen to me, but it only occurs at higher elevation. I think that my car can not compensate for the elevation and it stutters and dies. After I wait a while, it it ok. I never did figure out how to fix this. One suggestion was to get a tune, but with my mods, I am not sure I need one.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
How many miles is on the car and how long has it been since you flushed your tranny fluid? I had kind of a similar situation in my 97 tbird where it would shudder and slip a little and it turned out that the torque converter was low on fluid so they flushed the system and re-filled it and it was smooth from then on. The cause of the problem turned out to be a resonator that came from the factory mounted under the tranny causing excess heat. Had that taken care of when I put true-duals on it [:D]

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Seldom do cars just fall all apart at once. That's only on TV to make you laugh. Odds are your car has a single problem causing all this to happen. Find out what that code is for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts