Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys I'm trying to figure this out. I spoke with FSWERKS and they said there has been talk about a SVT Turbo kit but it's not going to be out anytime soon. That being said my question to them was can their Zetec kit be modded to fit a SVT? they said yea but they don't do it so my question is what would need to be changed/swapped/modded to make that Zetec kit fit a SVT? ps yea I searched and I know that TopSpeed has a kit as well as Toms kit but I want info on the FSWERKS kit

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Moderator can u change the name of thread to FSWERKS SVT TURBO KIT MOD. Thanks

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
yes, it can. just need to change the last charge pipe

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I'll need to mod the last charge pipe or is there aftermarket pieces? Dp too huh? Regarding the exhaust manifold, does it mate up? Will I need Zetec specific exhaust or can I just use SVT exhaust?

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
You will have to change the down pipe or make make a pipe from the flex pipe to the down pipe

You will have to change the last pipe to the TB other then thos pritty much everything else will fit and bolt up

Tom

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
i'm pretty sure you could use the downpipe just switch out your flex pipe for a regluar zetec one. but if I was you I would just go with a top speed turbo kit or a DIY one.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
why would he need the stock zetec exhuast mani? doesn't that kit come w/ a turbo mani?

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
why would he need the stock zetec exhuast mani? doesn't that kit come w/ a turbo mani?
No the fswerks one uses the stock manifold with an adapter. It's on there site check it out.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you are correct, my bad. i would at least go w/ a shorty header though! lol

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
There was a kit out using the stock manifold years ago and it cracked all the shorties that people tryed and many of the stock manifolds , the stock manifold lasted the longest

Tom

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
Wow I wasn't aware that the fswerks kit uses the stock manifold. I'm. Just curious does anyone here have a picture of this kit installed on their zetec?

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
nvm that found some

and you get credited 150 bux if you allready have an xcal3 and for an extra 90 bux you can get a boost controller

·
Registered
920 Posts
Just run a custom mid mount turbo off an SVT header ;-)

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
i dont think their svt kit will be out until like december of 2012, they mentioned it but they take a lot of time to get a part out, if i were you looking for a cheap turbo kit id buy a used kit from the forums, it will not take longer than 6 months to find one for a good price

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
Ya or a procharger I've seen a lot of those go for sale recently for the svt

·
Registered
473 Posts
There was a kit out using the stock manifold years ago and it cracked all the shorties that people tried and many of the stock manifolds , the stock manifold lasted the longest

Tom
I feel like using stock manifolds or shorty headers is a bad idea, they will eventually fail. And considering that all zetec stock manifolds have been on the cars for at least 7+ years, they are probably already deteriorating some and dangling a turbo from it is not going to help.

Get a turbo kit with a quality cast turbo manifold or quality tubular manifold and you will be much happier in the long run.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts