Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been reading up on this quite a bit and was wondering if this sounded “fart cannish” at all. I’m not a huge fan of the cars that sound like that. I just want something a little louder but not annoyingly so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
You can't go wrong with FSWerks, I had a 15 with that in it and it sounded quite good but it was fairly loud. If you can afford it it's worth it.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I guess it's a matter of opinion but i have the stealth on my car and i dont think it sounds like a fart can. Just a nice low growl.

·
So mote be it
8,850 Posts
I've have the 2.5" stealth on my '07 and the 3" on my '13 and think they sound good. Not at all fart can like, its a proper muffler and resonator setup on both with quality parts. No fart in the setup at all.

Look up and listen to videos on them, there are plenty. Ultimately, you need to decide what you like as far as sound goes

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
I've have the 2.5" stealth on my '07 and the 3" on my '13 and think they sound good. Not at all fart can like, its a proper muffler and resonator setup on both with quality parts. No fart in the setup at all.

Look up and listen to videos on them, there are plenty. Ultimately, you need to decide what you like as far as sound goes
This^^^

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like a low growl. I used to own a 72 Nova with dual glass packs so loud doesn’t bother me.

With the Stealth set-up, when you’re on the highway is it annoyingly loud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
So mote be it
8,850 Posts
I like a low growl. I used to own a 72 Nova with dual glass packs so loud doesn’t bother me.

With the Stealth set-up, when you’re on the highway is it annoyingly loud?

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
In my experience, I had a bit of drone on the '07 when paired with the FSWerks header at hw speed but wasnt bad. I've taken the header off as I've returned the car to stock and intent to sell the header. With the stock manifold back on, i dont notice any drone on the hw with the stealth.

I'd imagine the drone is even less noticeable on the mk3's, they are better sound insulated than the cheap '07.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did a little video with mine. It's just a driveway start up and rev, but will give you an idea.

I would put a link but I am to new to do that. Search for: 2012 Ford Focus FSWerks Stealth Exhaust. I am ThatGuyLikesCarsAndStuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts