Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I would just like to know your guys opinion on the fswerks race header, performance and sound wise... If you have any videos of the sound feel free to post up a link please! Also let me know if/what mods my car should have for this install to work. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Popular header, to get the most out of it a tune would be first.

What's done already?

Could list Intake, Intake manifold & Cams to follow.

Figure this way, header helps get the exh. out, now you next need to help air get in. & the tune can be adapted to all as added so it keeps getting the right fuel etc. to run right.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good info, I currently have a k&n 69 series CAI and a straight pipe exhaust, would that work?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Straight pipe off a header - oh my....

that'd be quiet

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha yeah my car sounds nice right now but I'd be scared with a header and straight pipe... I don't want my car to sound like some shitty Honda on WOT

·
Registered
963 Posts
Coming from experience. Your car will sound like crap with a header and straight pipe. been there done that. I now have the race header and the fswerks stealth exhaust.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Coming from experience. Your car will sound like crap with a header and straight pipe. been there done that. I now have the race header and the fswerks stealth exhaust.
This^^^^^^^I have that hooked up to my Borla system. Add a set of cams & tune.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I had the race header and race exhaust ony car with an intake and tune. It sounded good, just really loud. Like really loud. Definitely didn't sound like some shitty Honda. It was definitely the best performing exhaust I've had on the car, out of the seven or so different exhaust setups I've had on the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I don't want insanely loud, but still I have a straight pipe so it probably wouldn't mix well with a header, I feel like Id have to get a stealth exhaust at the same time as a header, im gonna get a tune 1st then cams depending on labor cost. Then if I decide I want a header I might buy a stealth exhaust 1st. Or I'll just save enough money for one and buy the header 1st to see how it sounds

·
Registered
963 Posts
With the race header and stealth exhaust its not too bad. No freeway drone at all. Not much noise just putt putting around town. Its not until you really stomp on it that it wakes up and gets loud and even then its not obnoxiously loud

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Yeah I don't want insanely loud, but still I have a straight pipe so it probably wouldn't mix well with a header, I feel like Id have to get a stealth exhaust at the same time as a header, im gonna get a tune 1st then cams depending on labor cost. Then if I decide I want a header I might buy a stealth exhaust 1st. Or I'll just save enough money for one and buy the header 1st to see how it sounds
Get it all at once= header, flex & stealth. Add a tune to delete the rear o2 sensor & egr.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts