Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted how their race exhaust sounds like, here's mine. Recorded inside a garage.

This was when I only had the Race exhaust. Also installed is the Cool-Flo intake. Just installed both:

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
In all honesty I don't like the sound our cars make with the headers on, I LOVE the HP gain but the sound just sounds... raspy? I don't know what word I am looking for, BUT congrats on getting the full system.

^_^

Have you noticed a significant HP gain?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Show off

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In all honesty I don't like the sound our cars make with the headers on, I LOVE the HP gain but the sound just sounds... raspy? I don't know what word I am looking for, BUT congrats on getting the full system.

^_^

You have to remember, when you install any header on any vehicle the flow of exhaust is increased by A lot. I know this exhaust sounds raspy but its only when your off the throttle and still in gear. I'll make another video of it in gear inside the car and outside. I've had this setup for about 1.5 years now and still going strong.

[neener]

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yea yea yea, ill race in like 6 months, when I am boosted.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yep. GT3076R #60 injectors, All the fun stuff haha

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Well idk yet, I might get the STG 2 kit then go from there, since I need a built block to run what I do. I think ima get another motor and build it, 2.3 block, new 2.0 head, Cossi intake mani, Torsen LSD, I am shooting for like 350 whp.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Exactly, I also am planning to do a TII swap into my 4-Door Shadow, then buy a 2-door Shadow/Duster and swap in a 2.4 SRT-4 engine with say 600 whp haha.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
= plans on boost around Jan time frame. GT28RS. Get a Shortblock 2.3 and build from there.. I want to go with a GT3582R.

I mainly got this exhaust knowing going turbo down the road. This is why i stayed away from trubendz magnaflow..

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Forgot to answer your question, Yes there is a MAJOR difference in power. Mid-Top range you can feel the car pull harder. Of course you will have a tune for this too.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
LOL sounds like a frankenmotor! you know hutch theres not that many video's of the 2.4's in the vans I love watching those vids!
YEah, I used to be big on the Turbo Dodge sites, but have lost interest since I am not currently in possession of the car. But I plan to have some fun with her when I get her down to El Paso.
= plans on boost around Jan time frame. GT28RS. Get a Shortblock 2.3 and build from there.. I want to go with a GT3582R.

I mainly got this exhaust knowing going turbo down the road. This is why i stayed away from trubendz magnaflow..
Yea, I want a 2.3 block with the 08-11 2.0 head on it so I don't have to deal with the electronics crap. I think I might run a GT3076R at first on the motor and if I get bored go PTE 6262.

Forgot to answer your question, Yes there is a MAJOR difference in power. Mid-Top range you can feel the car pull harder. Of course you will have a tune for this too.
Oh man did the exhaust make a difference on my car too. Before it seemed to lose steam at about the top of third now it will pull pretty hard to the top of forth (about 125 ish I think but the speedo doesn't go that high). I do have a tune BTW.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wait till you get headers, she'll wake up even MOAR!!!!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yea its pretty loud and I dont have a header yet. I think I have already pissed some people off.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts