1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
http://www.fswerks.com/collections/...urethane-oe-mount-insert-ford-focus-2012-2014

Has anyone tried this?

is it worth it?

would it be better to just get the whole mount?

thanks for any help.
Kam327's review of the bushing:

Finally got around to installing mine last weekend during an oil change. I have a very similar experience to this. A bit of a bang on engine startup, more vibration and even a bit of a hum while backing up, but an improvement in shifting and maybe even off the line response. It seems like I'm getting more suspension vibration up into the floorboard as well. In general I'd recommend it to those favoring personality and response over comfort.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I have it, it works great! I've had two other aftermarket mounts, in different stiffnesses and the insert is the one I'm most pleased with. Takes out a good bit of movement and adds barely any extra vibration to the cabin.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have it, it works great! I've had two other aftermarket mounts, in different stiffnesses and the insert is the one I'm most pleased with. Takes out a good bit of movement and adds barely any extra vibration to the cabin.
Nice thank you!

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Thats one of the 1st to do mods for the mk3's,,,,

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can't wait, just ordered mine! Also on FSWERKs website they are $8.95 right now plus shipping, w/shipping it was $13.69 to Georgia.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Installed mine a few weeks ago, I say this is a worthy $13 upgrade.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Insane difference in my car... no more motor rattle on startup, car launches much better, DCT behaves much better and throttle response out of corners is massively improved... almost ZERO difference in vibration after the first half mile, it settled in very quickly. An absolute 100% must do if you have any doubts at all if your motor mounts are stiff enough or not. For about $15 shipped with tax for most, it literally made my car feel $5000 better, no exaggeration!

Full disclosure: There is a chance my motor mount wasn't in the best shape to start with... I got my car as a former L.A. rental car that might have been whipped in bad traffic too much by people 100% clueless to driving a DCT, but did only have 18k miles when I got it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The OEM RMM is one of several, I'm going to say dichotomies, in the 2012-14 Focus.

In 2012 Ford unveiled what it hoped would lead the class. Perhaps a car that looks more expensive than it's window sticker. Nicer interior, finishes with a nice feel.

But some things were pulled out of a trash bin--the tail pipe that looks as though it came from a junk yard, carpet so thin that it almost has but one side and an RMM not up to the job of handling the torque.

I think you'd probably have the same complaint if you had purchased your car new.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The OEM RMM is one of several, I'm going to say dichotomies, in the 2012-14 Focus.

In 2012 Ford unveiled what it hoped would lead the class. Perhaps a car that looks more expensive than it's window sticker. Nicer interior, finishes with a nice feel.

But some things were pulled out of a trash bin--the tail pipe that looks as though it came from a junk yard, carpet so thin that it almost has but one side and an RMM not up to the job of handling the torque.

I think you'd probably have the same complaint if you had purchased your car new.
OK, good to know... I'm sure my mechanic would have told me if the motor mount was shot while he was in there... I'm sure you would see tears or fluid leaking... I feel better now about this fix lasting too, knowing that the stock mount is probably in the shape it should to begin with.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No it will not.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Not to come across as facetious, but void the warranty of what? You are strengthening one of the cars weakest points... Now, because it does add vibration while you are in reverse, you simply can't complain under warranty that your car vibrates in reverse... or claim under warranty that you have squeaks and rattles.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Can't see how this would cause any warranty issues...unless you go in complaining that the RMM is causing vibrations..hahahah

1 - 20 of 42 Posts