Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FSWerks Mk3 Rear Strut Bar

Price: $129

Well crafted piece that solidly connects to the car, and there is a noticeable difference around turns. The car feels more solid around high speed turns, and yes i already have a Steeda RSB. I feel an improvement although this is my opinion and some debate this, I'm not cause i feel it, so end of story.

Install:

This was super easy, even easier then the direction. They say you need a E-Sockets but you don't just a normal ratchet, extender and a Xacto knife. You honestly shouldn't need these directions cause its obvious but i guess it wouldn't hurt to have so here are some photos and some direction.

Don't remove the real wheels just put it on jack stands high enough you have room to work and the wheels are still on the ground.

Remove existing bolt and put the new extended bold through don't tighten all the way yet. Feel into the car where bold should come through and just tighten the bolt till you can feel this through the carpet. Do this for the second bolt as well.

Cut a little hole with the knife for the bold and then go and tighten them evenly to 18ft.lb..

Then cut a square with the knife around the bold to fit the spacer.

Then repeat on the other side.

Then instal the bar (Sticker back) and tighten all 4 top nuts to 18 ft.lb..

Your done, and enjoy

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
How much does it impact trunk space? Looks like it could be a bitch to work around if you need to carry some decent sized boxes/tubs.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Thanks for the write up on the install

1 - 4 of 4 Posts