Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, 06' zx4 all black ST owner looking for answers !

I want to change my exhaust and was wondering if any of you guys had the chance to experience any of the fswerks range of exhaust? Stealth, race, street performance? Which is better, thanks.

Focus fanatic from Montreal, Quebec, Canada !

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Duratec Performance section, where you can find the most info. for this.

Welcome to FF

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've had their stealth version for roughly 30k miles with just over three years and I've been pleased with it. Only thing is I added another magnaflow resonator in between the fs werks resonator and main muffler and it's pretty much silent on the freeway. The added resonator only affects the cruise sound from what I could tell and have had that add-on the last 8k miles or so.

There are others who'll say the race exhaust is not loud and that's fine, but realize it's all personal preference on what you want your car to sound like day in and day out. No hp gain between the stealth and race versions, only sound, and if you decide to add a header, you'll want the stealth (and possibly may add a high flow cat or another resonator).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright great, thanks alot, Just looking to gather up some info before I make my choice. Thanks again!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I've had their stealth version for roughly 30k miles with just over three years and I've been pleased with it. Only thing is I added another magnaflow resonator in between the fs werks resonator and main muffler and it's pretty much silent on the freeway. The added resonator only affects the cruise sound from what I could tell and have had that add-on the last 8k miles or so.

There are others who'll say the race exhaust is not loud and that's fine, but realize it's all personal preference on what you want your car to sound like day in and day out. No hp gain between the stealth and race versions, only sound, and if you decide to add a header, you'll want the stealth (and possibly may add a high flow cat or another resonator).
This^^^^^^^^^^^.[twothumbs] To add= the fwerks system fits great too.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have the FSWERKS race exhaust and have no complaints. You do get that highway drone, but like previously said, personal taste.

·
Registered
130 Posts
How is the stealth exhaust noise output compared to the factory ZX4 ST exhaust?

·
Registered
174 Posts
No issues with drawing the attention of the police here, probably the quietest aftermarket exhaust I've had on any car over the years. That being said it's deeper and noticeably louder than the stock exhaust on the st but it took a few thousand miles to really develop its tone.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
How is the stealth exhaust noise output compared to the factory ZX4 ST exhaust?
Id say listen to the videos posted on their site.. your ST will sound similar enough to the SES they have in the videos.

The stealth gives a good increase in noise when you really get on it and at higher rpm's but is pretty quiet when just cruising at normal driving speeds. Ive never once had anyone complain my car is too loud because of it. One of the better sounding systems on a four banger i have heard. none of that fart can terrible noise you hear on some other 4 bangers

·
Registered
133 Posts
I bought the FSWerks race exhaust and I had a magnaflow cat back on my last car. Really like the FSWerks a little more than the magnaflow (I was stuck between which one I wanted on my Focus). Its pretty loud, especially with a header, so if you wanted a less aggressive exhaust I would go with the stealth system. Definitely well crafted though. Still as nice looking as the first day I got it. Doesn't rust out like a lot of stainless exhaust systems do.

·
Registered
133 Posts
One more thing I have to add, before the header it wasn't unbearably loud. Actually didn't mind it and neither did my passengers. Now with the header on I might consider either getting the stealth resonator or buying a dynomat kit. People can't even hear me talk on my Bluetooth in the car with the windows up. That's just my experience with the setup I have. I know you guys with the bigger 2.3 engines probably sound a lot meaner than my 2.0 lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts