Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting the fswerks catback exhaust, but I had two questions:
1) the site says it will fit 2000-2011 sedans. Was the exhaust that similar that this is true without modification? I have a 2000 focus sedan.
2) opinions on this exhaust?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm an impatient person. Ordered it. Unfortunately, 5 day shipping. I'm sure I'll be professing my love for it in 7 days or so.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to be installing it tomorrow. Took a half day off work [:D]
Got the race exhaust. I'm really looking forward to installing it.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
i'd be very very surprised if the 2000-2011 were the same

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ya, then ur ok. cause if they didn't ask for ur year/trim, you'd be in trouble

·
Registered
338 Posts
I bought the stealth for mine. Sounded fantastic but just after 2 years and 20,000 KM the resonator fell apart internally and I had to replace it. Now after another year the muffler section is buzzing internally. It still looks new on the outside and no damage. Junk if you ask me.... Mind you it was focusport when I got mine..

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Installed it today. Started around 1, wasn't done until 6. The bolts on the stock exhaust were so rusted that we had to cut through them. A dremel with was used, and we went through plenty of cutting disks. It wasn't fun. Installing the new exhaust itself took maybe 30 minutes. Getting the old one off took the most time.
Long story short, if there's a lot of rust on the bolts, it's not going to be an easy task.

·
Registered
10 Posts
working at a salvage yard i learned that almost all exhaust rust, heat and moisture on steel or cast iron is makes it worse

·
Registered
178 Posts
Installed it today. Started around 1, wasn't done until 6. The bolts on the stock exhaust were so rusted that we had to cut through them. A dremel with was used, and we went through plenty of cutting disks. It wasn't fun. Installing the new exhaust itself took maybe 30 minutes. Getting the old one off took the most time.
Long story short, if there's a lot of rust on the bolts, it's not going to be an easy task.
Damn... Five hours?! It's just a Bolt on kit right?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah. It's actually pretty easy to install. What took the most time was cutting the bolts to get the old exhaust off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts