Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya! So I recently installed a FSWERKS Street Exhaust with someone else on my Automatic 08 focus. I’ve noticed it doesn’t make a popping sound when it decelerates. I don’t really care if it does or doesn’t but I’m not sure if it’s indicative of a problem or not?
Thanks!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Its a free breathing exhaust, so why should it? You have a auto anyhow....My Borla system doesn't pop at all compared to the oem system....All I hear now is the typical header ting from the hot exhaust gases flowing thru the steel tubing vs the cast iron manifold......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I mainly ask because not too long ago my car got flooded and a lot of water blew out of the exhaust. It popped back then was pretty certain it was just water coming out, but sounds dry now lol

·
So mote be it
8,908 Posts
Yeah, i wouldnt expect to hear pops on a cat back exhaust. I could get some light burbles off throttle occasionally when i had their header paired with their exhaust. I have the stock header back on now and its pretty quiet

·
Registered
16,325 Posts
The exhaust is not supposed to pop, it is a sign of sh-tty work, air leaks, or sloppy a/f ratio to allow something by that can reburn later, what the pop is. Afterburn in the pipes.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
My fswerks exhaust pops and crackles when the car is cold. this is due to the car being in open loop when it's cold. When the oxygen sensors warm up the car goes in closed loop and all your pops and crackles go goodbye. I will be putting a crackle tune on my Fiesta ST when the time comes. The Focus RS from the factory is set up to crackle and pop.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
It doesn't pop because you have an automatic and there is no engine braking. Downshift into manual 2 and coast down, it will pop and sputter. Then you will be like the cool kids.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
it doesn't pop because you have an automatic and there is no engine braking. Downshift into manual 2 and coast down, it will pop and sputter. Then you will be like the cool kids.
lol.........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your information and replies. Just wanted to make sure I didn’t do anything wrong. Obviously new to this lol. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts