Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2005 Focus SES ZX5 (ATX). I just purchased the FSWerks Cool-Flo intake to replace the lifetime airbox.

1. Will I be ok with the stock exhaust? I am confident in my abilities of doing the CAI install, but an exhaust install is another story. I do not drive aggressively, but bought the intake because of not liking the idea of a lifetime air filter and figured the engine would breathe better.

2. Will this intake effect the longevity on the engine in a negative way?

What are your thoughts? Thanks.

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
yes it will be ok with the stock exhaust, and it will not effect the longevity of the engine just make sure you clean the filter every so often.

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
I've had my Cosworth CAI on my 06 for about 15k miles with stock exhaust, and it works just fine. As for the longevity of your engine, some people will tell you you're fine, and others will tell you that you should get a tune, but you'll probably be OK. Personally, I went with a tune, but not everyone can justify the $400 for a tune for the Focus.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just curious, when you CA guys replace the intake, what do you do when it comes smog time? Put the original intake box back in??

·
Registered
205 Posts
Stock exhaust will work just fine, BUT... if you put an aftermarket one on, you will definately feel the added power. With just the intake, it was hard to feel any gains with the butt-dyno, but after I added the exhaust, you could tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts