Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
year and model: 2005 ZX3 2.0
Ok, so the bottom line is, it was pretty easy...
Im only 18 and did it with no help so if anybody was wondering, you can do it! lol
Taking the stock lower airbox off was a pain in the ass and probably the most annoying part, but nothing too hard...
Another part that had me scratching my head for a few minutes was getting the little black cap on one of the openings on the FocusSport intake. Eventually i got it. After this it was smooth sailing.
What baffled me was a lot of people made the comment that they had trouble getting the MAF sensor in the hole provided... I had no problem? Everything fell into place perfectly when the old lunch box was off and the new intake was assembled. Id also like to say i like how FSWerks replaced the screws that hold the MAF sensor in place with phillips rather than the star looking screwdriver head. (much easier to find a phillips layin around should anything malfunction). overall i think it took me about 2 hours, but like i said im 18 with not a whole lot of car tuning under the belt. SO when i get everything installed and plug the battery back up (resetting the ECU), i crank it up with my excuse to go to the gas station... [driving] Only problem is the valve is jammed in the throttle body [nutkick] from what we later discovered was just trash build up. Anyhow my stepdad starts raggin on me about how messing with factory parts ruins a car so i get my uncle to check it out and thats when we discovered the problem which was nothing related to my install or the parts. I went to Discount and got some throttle body cleaner and had it running good as new. After it was all cleaned i took the car to the street and gunned it...
Results: There wasnt loads of power, but it was a slight bit noticeable and when revved to higher RPM's, sounded nice. It just so happened to be raining and im glad to report no vapor lock problems. But i do understand some models dont have the front undercarriage guard so i cant really speak for those.

OVERALL i love the appearance, sound, and quality of the intake and will be doing more business with FSWerks in the near future. I would highly recommend this to any focus driver looking for a simple bolt on mod.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Alex

·
Registered
32 Posts
I couldn't agree more, I love my FSWERKS CAI on my 08 Focus SE, It sounds great, and tied with new plugs and grounded throttle body, I absolutely see a bit more power on the higher end and more consistent throttle response, it was easy to install as well.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Put a full exhaust on there and you'll really feel the power!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
i put the fswerks cai on my 2010 sedan a little over a month ago:) i love it. notice improvements immediately but i couldnt stop there so last week i did a full custom exhaust:) Once again a nice noticeable improvement.... but o no we didnt stop there haha tracking via ups right now my sct xcal3 from fswerks with custom tune:) will keep you guys posted on the results of everything as it comes together as a whole=)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks man ive been around for a month or so but mainly just reading and taking in others problems and solutions. This website has helped a lot!

·
Registered
621 Posts
That's awsome dude! Glad to hear reviews on products. my flexpipe I bought from them was a solid piece too. Quality as always.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts