Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am looking at buying the 3000$ FS Turbo kit, Stage 1 and putting it on my 05' ST.. I am stationed in San Diego, CA and I was wondering if anyone knew a good trustworthy mechanic to touch my baby in all the places I don't like her bieng touched. Any help would be wonderful. I am pretty new to the San Diego area, so I don't know any good wrenchs.

Thanks in advance..

Hobo.

·
2,272 Posts
I live in the southernmost part of san diego county and I can get to focussport in just under two hours. They do the install of stage 1 for $500. Who better to install a turbo kit than the guys who made it? They work on mostly focuses so they will like your car and do the best work they can do.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Personally i wouldnt look at it as letting "someone else touching your baby in places you don't like her being touched." If someone ever touched my baby like that i would..........sorry i got off topic. But a dealer is the best place to go in my opinion, or you can do it yourself if your confident enough. Good luck on that project, wish i could afford it right now.......

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
If you're anywhere near them, I'd do it at FS for that price. Probably won't find it too much cheaper, I'd reckon, and yeah it's their kit, that's nice too.

Definitely don't go to the dealer, aside from the crazy per-hour fees, I wouldn't trust them doing it, there's NO way they've ever installed one on a Focus before... just sounds like bad news.

Plus, say you do it at FS, you could save shipping costs? Just go make an appt to pick up the turbo and have them slap it on there!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
^^^I didn't think about the fact that they've probably never done an install like that before, they probably would turn it away anyways..lol.....But yeah i'd have FS do it, who knows, maybe they'll do it for free since your already spending that much!!...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh man, I didnt know that FS was so close to San Diego, I will surely take it to them, I love these boards, thanks for the response, ill be sure to post pics and stuff when I get my car back.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
u can also get free dyno tune with them. so i'll go with them and have them install it and dyno tune. i dont think u can go wrong with that

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Where exactly r they located at? i'm too lazy to look right now...lol...

·
2,272 Posts
They are in Anaheim.

From their website:
1350 North Hundley
Anaheim, CA 92806

Try mapquest.com, its easy to get there. It takes maybe an hour and 45 minutes for me.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Aneheim? SWEET, it would take me around an hour to get there, thanks SD_Focus...

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Yah man..hit up the FS I dont' think anybody could put it on like they could. I live in north county SD I think it takes me about an hour to get to OC...should be a quick drive!

·
Registered
454 Posts
i probably live like 5 minutes away....i just called them today and told me the same, 500 bucks, tunning, you'll save on shipping, oh and my car will have over 200 hp

ill keep everyone posted!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts