Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Just got back a bit ago from visiting the focussport crew..anywho I was there for some camshaft testing..We did a baseline run which I have installed the FS Intake and the FS exhaust.. It laid down 142WHP and 145 lbs/ft TQ all to the front wheels of course. Again this is with NO cam timing adjusments and stock everything else. If they tweak the timing I am sure they can get 150+ HP/TQ which would be freakin awesome!! consedering many restrictive parts are still on the car like the stock header, flex, cat, cams, MAFS, throttle body, intake manifold, head... IMAGINE!! ;-)

Also the cams are still under going surgery so I wont post anything untill there done and street ready..thanks.

From my end the car is awesome! the TQ is insane and it gets the focus moving real quick.. going to need some kind of LSD soon when we start laying down larger power figures as I am already having a tough time controlling the beast,lol..

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
nice man, hope to see them come out with some more products

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Lil_RedZX3 said:
I really want a pzev!
Ya same here, I wish I had one and about 4 grand to be Toms guinea pig for his turbo kit developement on the PZEV.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
yeah u guys are lucky. those are great hp & torque numbers. the 2.3 is a sweet ass engine i hope i get one soon. im gonna keep the foci i have now and swap the motor a couple years down the road.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep! I am very pleased with the results for 2 simple ass bolt-ons. Its basically at 170HP and 170 TQ give or take a few for drive train loss :) We should see some really bitchin results with the Kent Cams there gonna throw in my ride when we get the fitment issue situated :)

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
The Kent cams have higher lift, and maybe more duration. Timing adjustments only go so far. If you want tons more power, you stick in some hotter cams.

Vince, good luck. Lets just hope they don't collide with the pistons.

·
Registered
847 Posts
EuroZX3 said:
yeah u guys are lucky. those are great hp & torque numbers. the 2.3 is a sweet ass engine i hope i get one soon. im gonna keep the foci i have now and swap the motor a couple years down the road.
It would cost less to buy a 2004 2.3 Focus

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Egz said:
The Kent cams have higher lift, and maybe more duration. Timing adjustments only go so far. If you want tons more power, you stick in some hotter cams.

Vince, good luck. Lets just hope they don't collide with the pistons.
Yes, carefull measurements are going to be taken..lol..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dank said:
do you think the kent cams will make a big difference, the stock cams are already adjustable.
Ohhh yessss! HUGE difference...As mentioned you can only adjust the stock cams so far and get a max output of power. If you are going for maximum HP the camshafts will for sure be a setback that unleashes the true power of this beast :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts