Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished the 3rd and final coat of rust resistant, high heat (1500 degree) paint... it came out great! What do u guys think of the piping compared to the chrome muffler tip? Im installing this bad boy on Saturday! I cant wait!

·
Registered
202 Posts
looks good but why do it? you wont see it under the car and if its going to rust it will prob do it from the inside.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i figured it woult stop most of the rust at the welds.... i dont think it would rust from the inside.... here in florida all the sand and salt gets under the car and it would sit on the pipes and eat away at it so this would help.

·
Registered
202 Posts
trust me we have lots of salt here in minnesota and youre pipes still rust from the inside out. but im sure it will help someand it will most likely keep them looking good untill they do.

·
Registered
202 Posts
ps im not puting you down just trying to give you some info from my experience.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
it'll still rot, but it looks pretty damn good.

i'd have just painted it flat black though, less noticable to the fuzz

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
im from guam. and we have more salt there then u can imagine. and it normally does rust from the inside out, most all cars there are rust detectors hooked up to them which send a small pulse of electricity through te car to keep it from rusting

1 - 11 of 11 Posts