Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I heard the filter on the Cool flo system isn't the greatest. I plan on getting one of the intakes here shortly. If the filter sucks, what filter should I go with??

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
the ITG filter that comes with the cool flo is good. personally i have a MM CAI with a K&N filter. but i almost got the cool flo.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. I can't remember where I heard it, maybe it was just a rumor...

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
the cool flo is one of the best out there...

i perfer it becuase the itg filter is a ton nicer than a the k&n...

·
Registered
79 Posts
wickedgreyzx3 said:
the cool flo is one of the best out there...

i perfer it becuase the itg filter is a ton nicer than a the k&n...
Nicer in what way?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
SilverZXIII said:
Nicer in what way?
the inside of it is open like the K&N but has a swirling shape with the material it is made out of,creating the vortex of air going into the intake, hence moving the air faster to motor. The filter is also more porous than the K&N allowing to breathe slightly better. They use ITG on rally cars and on F1 cars for its ability to draw in air fast while blocking a lot of crap out...works very well, that is why it is so expensive, lol.

The filter also just looks cool and is pretty easy to maintain.

The best part of it though is the simulated vortex inside it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, sounds cheaper to just use the ITG. What was the point in putting a K&N on it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm also looking at the Marcy Motorsport intake for the ST. It's a few dollars cheaper. Is there a reason why?

·
☼
7,494 Posts
I didn't use the ITG because I wanted the drycharger for the K&N. I did a trade on the forum for it, so he said I can just keep the K&N and give him the ITG on a SRI

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
you can make a dry charger fit on anything. and if you are worried about hydrolocking on a duratec......... take a momement and look where the filter sits :)

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
The ITG filter is one of the best on the market, why would you waste your money and time changing to a k&N?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts