Focus Fanatics Forum banner

FS: 02' Silver Focus SVT

875 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  McGuillicuddy 
#1 ·
I'm moving to the USA, so I need to sell my Canadian-registered '02 Focus SVT. (I could take it with me but the kph-calibrated speedometer would make later sale difficult).

This is a stock silver SVT, 80,000km. All available options were on new car when bought, including moonroof, Canadian winter package.

Car is well-maintained - owned/driven by engineer. [thumb]

-Rust-proofed (Crown)
-Fender recently replaced due to minor front collision
-scraped right rear bumper should be repainted if new owner wants perfection
-front (leather) seat fabric insert needs to be deep cleaned
-front driver floor mat should be replaced if new owner wants perfection
-Class II trailer hitch assembly (Can be removed)
-1yr Avon "Ultra High Performance" M500 summer tires. Plenty of tread left
-Hankook Ice Bears winter tires on alloy rims. One/two winters tread remaining

Located in Kitchener/Waterloo.

Make offer about $13,750.

See less See more
#2 ·
Actually,

You will probably get more for it in the US than here. There is a real drive on in the US to buy Canadian vehicles. I don't get why, but I'm told this by friends who work in the new/used car industry here in NB that they get US buyers coming up all the time.

#3 ·
Canadian vs USA Car Prices

blackheart4355 said:
You will probably get more for it in the US than here. There is a real drive on in the US to buy Canadian vehicles. I don't get why, but I'm told this by friends who work in the new/used car industry here in NB that they get US buyers coming up all the time.
That's a surprise. Occasionally, on a currency-adjusted basis, the same new car can cost less in Canada for marketing strategy reasons, but Canadian prices for the same new car have mostly been higher. A recent notorious example is the Golf GTI selling new for ~$US23,000 in the USA, but ~$US26,000 in Canada. (Add 15% sales tax on top). Canadians are even prohibited from buying or even driving American cars because this would reduce prices of both new and used cars down and Canadian dealers would go out of business.

Focus used car prices I've seen on-line appear significantly lower in the USA than in Canada.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.