Focus Fanatics Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Okay, so the whole thing got started with a bad power steering pump.

...but my car is over heating..I did had to remove the coolent hose and yes I did reconnect it with a new clamp with the bolt head on it...so did my coolent pump just went out too or what's going on? I did refill the coolent to cold fill line..
Overheating causes:
Low coolant
Low coolant flow (clogged radiator, etc)
Bad water pump
Bad thermostat
Cooling fan not running or not running in both speeds

When - exactly - did the overheating issue start? Before the PS pump/tensioner/serpentine belt or after? Had you drained the coolant when you removed the hose and - exactly - what hose did you remove?

Paul

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Overheating causes:
Low coolant
Low coolant flow (clogged radiator, etc)
Bad water pump
Bad thermostat
Cooling fan not running or not running in both speeds

When - exactly - did the overheating issue start? Before the PS pump/tensioner/serpentine belt or after? Had you drained the coolant when you removed the hose and - exactly - what hose did you remove?

Paul
I figured out what was wrong with it. The hose connected to the Thermostat is leaking. I was draining the radiator just to see how much coolent I had. It probably only had about 2 quarts in it even though the Coolant reservoir was topped off to the cold fill line.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Anyone knows what size hoses it take? I'm having a hard time finding the part online

·
Registered
629 Posts
If no workshop manual you can usually find part numbers for various brands on Rockauto. Always cross check with different sites for price, accuracy, and availability once you find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Have any of you tried taping it up instead? This heater hose material is made out of hard plastic and it's $170 brand new.
Tasca has it for $126 + ship so probably around $135 to you door. Not cheap but less than you found.

Paul

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Tasca has it for $126 + ship so probably around $135 to you door. Not cheap but less than you found.

Paul
I think I saw that too, but I had a discount from Oreillys and it came in the next day shipping. I've already got it running with no more leaks or overheating issues. Gonna have this thing inspected first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
629 Posts
####, that heater hose is worth it's weight in gold.

I hate it when unrelated repair issues pop up at the same time. Hopefully this fixes it.

·
Registered
2004 ZX3 SVT EE 160k miles. 2004 ZX3 SVT 189k miles
3,310 Posts
I think I saw that too, but I had a discount from Oreillys and it came in the next day shipping. I've already got it running with no more leaks or overheating issues. Gonna have this thing inspected first thing in the morning.
Glad you fixed it. I learned something new as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's all good. I always learn the hard way.
I know this thread is 10 days old so to whom it may concern. At first I thought if you experts on here gor it figured out. and I would not reply. I'm just having coffee and I know there isn't any room down in there where he is working. At first I thought there could be some crud in the threaded hole and that one bolt never was tight. 😆. Upon further observation which includes looking at the pictures I can easily conclude what everyone is talking about. I also have. 2009 Focus. This is just as good if not better than an automotive technicians class and I didn't have to get dirty.LOL Joe from Salem, Ohio

·
Registered
2004 ZX3 SVT EE 160k miles. 2004 ZX3 SVT 189k miles
3,310 Posts
I know this thread is 10 days old so to whom it may concern. At first I thought if you experts on here gor it figured out. and I would not reply. I'm just having coffee and I know there isn't any room down in there where he is working. At first I thought there could be some crud in the threaded hole and that one bolt never was tight. 😆. Upon further observation which includes looking at the pictures I can easily conclude what everyone is talking about. I also have. 2009 Focus. This is just as good if not better than an automotive technicians class and I didn't have to get dirty.LOL Joe from Salem, Ohio
I'm glad the op figured it out for himself.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts