Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to upload a tune revision from Tom after changing my 02 sensor. I came back to my laptop and flasher and got a communication error telling me to check the device firmware.

I googled it...the flasher is bricked apparently and has to be sent back. In the midst of trying to find a fueling issue, this is horrible timing.

Tom has been great so far. I'm gonna try to email SCT. Hope that works. Their hours don't work great for me as far as calling. I work until 5:30 PM and they close at 6.

I also had issues using my main laptop. I had the right drivers but the device refused to be recognized.

This is all very frustrating. It looks like it's a 7-10 day wait too.

It seems to me SCT really needs to work out the bugs in their software and hardware. We pay a lot of money for these devices. I also don't know the volume of callers, but there's always a hold.

Do better SCT. Please. Too much inconvenience.

Jason A

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Emailing them will take for ever , really need to call , maybe lunch break ?

Tom
Potentially. If they don't put me on hold

I thought about calling like an hour before leaving work. That might be an option. It took over an hour the one day I was put on the call list.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update to this situation. I sent the flasher this week through 2 day shipping. It got to SCT and they had it a few hours before sending it back. It's being sent 2 day through FedEx Home and will be here today. It's on the truck to be delivered.

I was pleasantly surprised with SCT on the return time. I was expecting it to take much longer and that I'd either receive it next week or the week after.

Tom, I'll be uploading the new tune file today that you sent me and datalog and send it to you.

Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts