Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Focus SE, love it, except for all the problems. Most of my problems were isolated to the transmission, which might not be a surprise to anyone. However, this week it's moved on to possible electrical. I stopped for coffee one morning and my car wouldn't start, wouldn't turn over, nothing. At the advice of AAA I replaced the battery, and I'm having the same problem. It will randomly start here and there, but mostly nothing.

I've googled the problem, and I see I'm not the only experiencing this. I don't want to pay out of pocket for another problem on a car that I haven't even owned for a full 3 years yet.

Any advice as to what it could be and what should I tell the dealer besides "Give me a new one!"

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII tsb, recall & problems section.

You can find more info here & in the MkIII section, one of the possibilities there's a video on in the "stickies" is the main battery ground connection to the body. If that isn't good the issues can mimic more serious problems. (removal, cleaning to bare metal & reinstallation is the factory fix.

Check the Makaloco videos for a lot of info. fast.

Meagan, the ford rep who's checking in here regularly will prob. see this & offer any assistance needed if working with a Dealer.

A few oddities to mention - the car 'wakes up" when opening the door & you'll hear transmission noises, you know there's a problem if you don't hear them as normal. Another normal starting "problem" is that if you turn the key on & don't start it soon it'll "go to sleep" again, and won't start until AFTER the key is turned off & back on again.

Luck

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have a 2012 Focus SE, love it, except for all the problems. Most of my problems were isolated to the transmission, which might not be a surprise to anyone. However, this week it's moved on to possible electrical. I stopped for coffee one morning and my car wouldn't start, wouldn't turn over, nothing. At the advice of AAA I replaced the battery, and I'm having the same problem. It will randomly start here and there, but mostly nothing.

I've googled the problem, and I see I'm not the only experiencing this. I don't want to pay out of pocket for another problem on a car that I haven't even owned for a full 3 years yet.

Any advice as to what it could be and what should I tell the dealer besides "Give me a new one!"
I'm thrilled to hear that overall you're loving your Focus, let's see what we can do to take care of the rest. I recommend heading to your dealer to have this diagnosed. Once you have an appointment set up, touch base with me and I'll look into some options. :)

Meagan, the ford rep who's checking in here regularly will prob. see this & offer any assistance needed if working with a Dealer...
My spidey senses are tingling...someone name dropped me... ;)

Meagan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts