Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Jason. I gave my 2005 Focus ZX3 to my son about 3 years ago. He is now 19 and in college, but I still am tasked with its repairs from a distance.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Cars I had a couple years in college were a learning experience.

If I didn't learn to make 'em go, I wouldn't experience driving them.

I do remember getting help in an emergency, rod knock developed on a return trip from visiting my older brother & the folks helped out with emergency repairs/overnight motel. (not enough funds with me) I'd paid for a rebuild on that straight six flathead (Continental in a '53 Willys Wagon) but it turned out the mechanic from a shop specializing in 4WD couldn't count to six. Caps weren't matched to the rods despite numbering.

Welcome to FF, sounds like we'll get a few more third hand diagnosis questions (grin).

·
Registered
34 Posts
My name is Jason. I gave my 2005 Focus ZX3 to my son about 3 years ago. He is now 19 and in college, but I still am tasked with its repairs from a distance.
Should have taught him how to repair cars. We had three daughters go through college. They worked through high school. We helped each buy a quality low miles used car before college. And they also knew how to work on them outside of major over hauls. They thank us all the time for the knowledge and skill set. And they all had to learn to drive in a MT car and pass there driving test in a MT. They also learned out to heel and tow, slide, and other evasive driving tactics. OOO and they all carried a full class load and worked full time.

Should have worked harder with him when you were both younger. Now your a remote ATM. ENJOY!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts