Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my tranny has been felin really notchy lately and i think its a combination of sts, colder weather, and fluid never being changed and i have 45k miles. So first things first, i wanna adjust the linkage with the button i keep hearing all about, however the how-to was VERY vague and i literally could not find the linkage in my engine bay. i could grab the counter weight and move around int he gears, but i couldnt get to the linkage. How does everyone get to that in the duratec motor? underneath the car? anyone have any pictures of the entire engine bay (not 2" away) so i can get an idea? i'm just startin to get fed-up especially after seeing the $120 cost for a tranny flush :(

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
First off, you shouldn't need new transmission fluid at 45k miles in a manual transmission. You should consider checking the fluid level though.

As far as adjustment- there is none. You can spray white lithium grease on the transmission gear selector if you can get to it. Yes, you will have to get under the car, but I believe the linkage is on the back side of the top of the transmission. Not for sure though.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm no adjustment? thats strange. how come the zetec mtx-75 and the getrag trannys both do?

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
There is an adjustmet. The dealer had to adjust mine on my 05 ST I had. The guy even left the special tool they use in my cup holder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts