Focus Fanatics Forum banner

17161 - 17180 of 17210 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I finally got around to installing the add-a-leaf kit I bought for the Xterra a few months ago -- so no more bottoming out when it's loaded down. Apparently, weak leaf springs are common problem with a lot of Japanese trucks from the early 2000's.

Anyway, the add-a-leaf kit gave me the full two inches of lift that it claimed (I wasn't expecting that at all), so now I'm really tempted to bite the bullet on a coilover set for the front to level it out. But that's like $1000 that I could easily throw at the SVT too...decisions, decisions.

·
VEKTOR PLATE
5,657 Posts
So apparently the ranger is missing a brake like for the passenger front. But its not leaking brake fluid??? Lol. ( has only had 3 operable brakes for a long time.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Anyone here going to Automotion? My group just looked into prices, and it sounds like Mt. Olympus wants $200 per night for a standard, shitty motel room. We usually get three rooms, so that adds up pretty quick.

I don't remember exactly what it was last year, but I think this is like a 50% increase. I know Mt. Olympus has been buying up all the independent motels, so the price hike is a bit expected...but this is a bit crazy. My group has been going since 2009, and has stayed on "the strip" every year, but at a total of $600 per night, it almost makes more sense for us to get a cabin at the Wilderness or something.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Hey guys, been a while since I checked in on the Focus community. Been a little over two years since I sold the SVT. I actually saw it pop up for sale a few weeks ago by the guy I sold it to. Thought about throwing a lowball offer out to get it back, kinda miss it! Had the Saab wagon for about a year, then a Mazda3 hatch for about a year, now I've got a Subaru WRX wagon. Something about February makes me want to buy new cars lol. Here's the rex:

Bought it pretty much stock, just a Borla catback and Kartboy shifter. Got some basic upgrade plans for it of course. [:)]

I'll be camping for Automotion Friday-Sunday, maybe I'll see some familiar cars/faces there! It was a good time last year and should be this year as well. I'm also planning on going to some WCEC and other local meets/shows, and maybe finally get into an Autocross event.

Brenton, it's awesome that you finally got a FiST! [headbang] Seems like you've been talking about upgrading for years!

Also, I have to say, the FF community is still one of the best out there. NASIOC is great for tech info and has a busy buy-sell-trade section, but the rest of the forum is pretty dead. Automotive forum stuff seems to all be moving to Facebook these days...

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
We did Arrowhead last year and Edge-O-Dells this year. The two are actually about a mile apart. Arrowhead was totally empty and we had our pick of awesome woods/open sites. Edge-O-Dells does Automotion-specific events like the burnout pit, bands at the bar, wristbandy stuff, etc. Looks to be party atmosphere bro-camping as well. We also got our reservations a few months ago, they're booked solid now.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I know Edge-O-Dells is one of the ones we checked. I've been there for the burnout pit and such...I can't believe how much they charge to watch it now.

Anyway, I may have to give Arrowhead a call.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Finally ordered some of the miscellaneous parts that the SVT has been waiting for. The hard plastic coolant tube thingy on top of the radiator, and yet another valve cover gasket should be here before the weekend. I really want to pick up a billet thermostat housing, but good god, they aren't cheap...

Anyway, car should be legit to drive again by the end of the weekend - including a functioning e-brake...haven't had that thing working in years.

·
Super Moderator
8,950 Posts
Back from BMT

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

17161 - 17180 of 17210 Posts