Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ordering the FRPP kit this weekend.

What do I need to know? The front looks pretty straightforward, but the rear I have heard can cause some trouble. So I know what route to take, what should I know/any tips to working at the back (or front?)

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Rusted rear control arm bolts are common and can be a headache. If yours are seized its probably not worth the effort of fighting with them. Cut the bolts and be prepared to replace the rear lower control arms. In the long run this is good because the arms come with new bushings which should be replaced anyway. Up front get new upper strut mounts and bearings. These are wear items and need to be periodically replaced as well. Also replace the front sway bar end links for the same reason.

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
C'mon man...........when you go to remove the springs, loosen the upper bolt from the spindle mount,(the brake line bracket bolts to this) and pry the spring out. Don't touch the lower control arm bolt...........period.

Reactions: AdmiralZX3

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
C'mon man...........when you go to remove the springs, loosen the upper bolt from the spindle mount,(the brake line bracket bolts to this) and pry the spring out. Don't touch the lower control arm bolt...........period.
Real terrified of doing this.....everything down there is real corroded.

Are there any pictures or a walkthrough for doing this?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread, but is this FRPP kit with the 1.5" drop that alot of people tend to use on our cars? (Sorry I'm a complete suspension newb) If so, where is the cheapest/best place to get one? Thanks in advance!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
FRPP's= Steve @ Toulsey Ford

Sorry to hijack this thread, but is this FRPP kit with the 1.5" drop that alot of people tend to use on our cars? (Sorry I'm a complete suspension newb) If so, where is the cheapest/best place to get one? Thanks in advance!
Hit ''Steve'' up @ Toulsey Ford.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Hillbish Ford is another Ford Racing dealer with about the same prices as Tousley. Both are very good and equally competitive. It really comes down to which is closest. In this case Hillbish is in N.C. so they may be worth the initial call (Tousley is in Minn.).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts