Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i am looking at buying a setup from mike at hillbish this coming week and just wondering what people think about the frpp and eibach pro kits. thanks[headbang]

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
From what I've read they're similar in drop... but at least with Mike's kit everything is pre-assembled and won't it be cheaper??

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it is but he has 1 set of pros he will make a full kit out of for a lil more than the frpp. just wondering if there is any diff. in ride quality and just general opinions of the two

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
If I'm not mistake, arent they the same springs? Ford Racing usually borrows from other companys and slaps their names on the products. Double check, it might not matter. And I doubt theres much of a difference at all, so go with the cheaper of the two.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I got my FRPP kit from Mike and it's most excellent .

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
The FRPP kit is made by Multimatic... and its a DAMN goo kit. I had it on my car prior to going with coil overs.... it really rode well and handled great.... top quality parts too.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I can only comment on the FRPP kit, which I have. The ride is very comparable to stock (SES). Little bit more 'jounce' on wash board roads or dips/bumps, but not aggressively so. You will NOT get supper flat stance in corners. I.E. it will still lean quite a bit (well, to much for my liking anyway) in hard corners. This should be expected as there not a super stiff spring. No complaints.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The FRPP kit isnt made by Multimatic. I really dont know why that name keeps coming up John. The FRPP strut kit is made by Tokico and the springs are made by Spec Racing to match them. The other kit is made by Dynamic Racing. Thats the track kit and not really suitable for street use unless you dont mind a harsh ride. For the cost, the FRPP kit "cant" be beat. It comes with everything new, struts, shocks, strut bearings, strut mounts, spring perches, boots, bumpstops, and hardware. Thats also why i can assemble them before you get them. The "sway" that one guy was talking about is because of having stock swaybars. If you add the swaybars, you wont believe the difference. The swarbars are for the sway, not the springs.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I forgot to add, i have one set of Eibach Pro springs that i have had for quite awhile that i could use instead of the FRPP if you want them and the cost is only $8 more. These only fit the 2006 and newer Focus'.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts