Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any How-To with installing this kit on our generation? I tried searching but didn't seem to find anything.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Not that I know of, the suspension goes in the exact same way as every other focus. The only difference is that the '08+ have slightly larger shock bodies. I did my complete install in under an hour, it really is super simple!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The worst part is either getting the axle nut off and the axle out of the hub or getting the strut out of the pinch fitting.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I never pulled my axel, just sway bar, brake line, pinch bolt, and upper strut bolts in that order. Than just push down hard on the spindle and it popped right out. Took longer to get the car in the air and wheels off then to change them out.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
You have a 2011, nothing is rusty yet it'll be easy as pie.

You get everything in the package so put it all together correctly and then everything goes in the same way it comes out

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
I never took off the cv axle from the hub.. This is on my 2010 focus and my buddy 06 focus..

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Maybe the Focus is different than VW's. Oh Well.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Parts wise or tools?

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
2 each of Shock/strut, 4 springs. Tools, wrenches (metric), sockets, ratchets, torque wrench, jack, jack stands. Allen wrenches too.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Have you gotten the kit yet or do you need the part numbers so you can order it?

·
Registered
495 Posts
What all is needed with this kit?
Just tools.

The kit comes with everything ... 2 struts, 2 strut mounts, 2 strut bearings, 4 springs, 2 shocks, and 2 shock rubber dust boots.

It's a complete kit [:D]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I read somewhere that people get a Omni kit as well or something? But Im not sure If that Is needed for this as well?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The Omni kit is only needed if the kit that you have is for 00-05 cars. If you get the specific 08-11 kit you wont need the Omni Kit.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Spring compressors - these don't come with the kit (from what I've read). I intend on putting this kit on my 09 and the only "special" tool required is the spring compressors.

Found this with a quick search (08 FRPP install): http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161184

But, he didn't use the spring compressors to remove the old springs.....I think it would have made the install a little easier/quicker IMO.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
Does anyone have the part# for the kit. When you look at frpp's website it shows only the 00-04 and the 05-07

·
Registered
296 Posts
Call steve at Tously ford. Tell him you need the kit for 08+ he'll get you all setup. 1-800-328-9552

Cost me $300 shipped to my door.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts