Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally was able to install my FRPP kit i got from Mike yest. It poured sporatically throughout the day so i had to stop a few times. It took me prob 6-7 hours due to that. I had to keep putting the install off cuz i needed new LCA's... WHICH i will NEVER do again lol.. IT's easier to just pay someone else to do it. Trust me [wave].

The old lca

New lca + springs

stock susp and wheels

old rear view

new view

rear gap

front gap. There is actually a lil more room in the front than the pic shows. My car isn't exactly "level" where i park it. But you get the idea. It's a perfect stance for me.

The ride is actually a stockish kind of feeling. It's a little stiffer than the stock suspension but not anything my mom would notice. It DEF handles corners like nothing. That is night and day compared to before. When i upgrade my rear sway bar i am sure it will be even better. Mike even told me this kit is 1.5 inch drop all the way around but the springs are not the same as the old FRPP kits that he sold. These are a FULL 1.5 drop and some. But i have "tested" the suspension out already and have no rubbing or anything.

BTW my wheels are 17's with 215/40 in tires with a 40 offset and NO rubbing [thankyou]

Lemme know what ya'll think. It's a work in progress so that's why it's not "sexy" yet. Will be painting in the near future. I do have svt side skirts that i might still fix up and use or just put my stock sides on. IDK yet

mike

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It's nice... I need a set of 40s on mine. I have basically the same stance, but have 45s (stock SVT rims and rubber). I only rub on sharp turns and hard bumps.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bud! Ya i am SOOO glad i did this and finally have it done.. That's one less thing to do on the list. I just wanna get it painted and i'll be pretty much done with it. For now...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Looks good I've been thinking of ordering the Kit for for my car but I didn't know low the drop was. Great pics they convinced me to buy it now guess I got more stuff I'm saving for now.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK. coming from the other thread. It was the LCA bolt with the 'yellow' stripe by it (looking at your top pic) that you could not remove? That is why you had to have to cut out?
yes that bolt the big problem for everyone. The bushing has a metal sleeve that the bolts slides through and depending on where you live it just rusts and seized TOTALLY to the bushing. You can't break it lose. And with our control arms you can't just swap out the bushings cuz that would be just... well too easy. You have to replace the whole arm. I got the arms from Mike ( b16sir1991) for 51 a piece. And for those of you who do not know...

They now have the reinforcement for the sway bar. You don't have to purchase the svt ones just for that. You can buy the regular lca's and they are reinforced so that's a good thing.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good I've been thinking of ordering the Kit for for my car but I didn't know low the drop was. Great pics they convinced me to buy it now guess I got more stuff I'm saving for now.
the drop isn't as dramatic as the pic with my fingers shows. It's def a change lol. I have no showed, felt or heard any rubbing at all. And i've tried. [headbang] Everyone said 40 offset is GAURENTEED to rub and scrape... yet hasn't for me. Altho i haven't had other passengers in the car yet.

Def order from mike. For the money i don't see how you can beat it. And the front is assembled for you by him.. for free.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Looks great! Much improved over stock. Nice wheels BTW.

·
br/o/stang
5,564 Posts
i dont know whats so hard about designing a suspension that wont rust together =P but its a huge improvement, grats!

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Looks way better man. Good choice with the 40 series tires.
I used to rub all the time with 45 series and I went to 40 series and none at all now.
My drop is a little lower than yours so you shouldn't ever have any rubbing.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks... i meant my wheels are a 40 offset...

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya im hoping once the susp is all settled in that it doesn't rub LOL

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so how does it usually take for a suspension to fully settle?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok good. I know from talking with b16 that its def the full 1.5 inch drop and prob a lil more lol.. so im sure it will go down a tad

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
360... he assembles the strut/spring for you. You just pull your stock one out and toss the new one in.. That quick and simple up front.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.