Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've written on this topic before, about a year ago I changed my springs to frpp with 1.5" drop with tokico HTS a adjustable dampers. From the day I put them on the front have been perfect. The rear bottoms out constantly and is about 1/2 lower than the front. I have about the equivilant of one light person 140 lbs of sound deadening material in the car. So not enough to justify constant bottoming out. I have maybe 2.5 inches at best of travel before the bump stop hits. I've tried everything to raise the rear with the springs including 3/4" poly spacers, but it still bottomed out. I'm comming to the conclusion those rear spring just do not have any weight capacity. Does anyone with my same car have this issue? Can you guys reccomended different springs for my car that would give me the same 1.5" drop and the same stiffness these have? I will not change to the older strut style and use the omni kit as I already am using dampers I like for my year.. The front springs are really stiff just how I like them.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
When i had the FRPP springs in my car, i would rub often enough on bigger dips/bumps but never a jolting from bottoming out.

Are you asking for a new front/rear spring or just rear replacement? The rears are the same from 00-11 as far as suspension goes. it was only the front that was 00-05 specific.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When i had the FRPP springs in my car, i would rub often enough on bigger dips/bumps but never a jolting from bottoming out.

Are you asking for a new front/rear spring or just rear replacement? The rears are the same from 00-11 as far as suspension goes. it was only the front that was 00-05 specific.
A replacement for the rear springs or a whole new set that is similar would be fine. So wther way I guess.

·
Registered
459 Posts
My son just put some Vogtlands on his 2000 sedan (1.6 drop spec'd, I think later cars spec 1.4). There's not a lot of give in those springs once the "progressive" rate is hit.

Actually, the rear on that car sits a weensy little bit high in the rear for my taste, but the car looks really, really good. It's not as low as the sporty eibach's, but it does look really good. He's put together a neat looking car.

They might sell some rears seperate, I'd be happy to give them a call on your behalf (I need to call them anyway...).

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts