Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... basically someone hit the front of my car about a month ago (and didn't leave a note of course )[?|] And besides the paint chips in my bumper, I thought everything was okay, until last night.
I was driving home late, and my lights started to flicker. Upon further inspection, it seems that the front wiring harness (with the headlight, turnsignal, and sidemarker lights, in front of the AC condenser) well.... it was pinched between the bumper, and ever since I have had an airbag light, and now the headlight thing.
My question is this... does anyone know which wires are which up there, in the big black loom? Their are two wires wrapped in black that I am utterly stumped as far as what they are! Please help!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really need the help, more than anything else! Can I buy a wiring harness for the front, or is it safe to repair the connections?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't see why you can't just repair what is there. Judging by the picture you took it doesn't seem to big of a job to tape up some of the frayed wires or if you have to, cut and reattach if there is some that I can't see.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mobile91 said:
I don't see why you can't just repair what is there. Judging by the picture you took it doesn't seem to big of a job to tape up some of the frayed wires or if you have to, cut and reattach if there is some that I can't see.
Well.... I would really like to know what wire it is, as I really don't know if it is safe to repair the aibags as such. Also, I will have to lengthen the wires as well, since the loom carries almost zero excess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts