Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How-To coming soon! I've figured out 90% what to do!

ORIGINAL POST

Weird title I know...

I want to do something simple but don't now how exactly. I noticed how bright my signal lights are when they are flashing...

How can I achieve this brightness all the time while they're on (even in parking mode without headlights on), but still make them flash accordingly?

Basically, they'd be in "on mode" but would still flash when I flip the switch.

The idea, after testing, is that our turn signals with new and better bulbs are super nice as DRLs. Adds a look similar to that of the Dodge Dart's.

ALSO:
My side marker in the headlights has a little whole and what looks like an LED or a bulb in it? Are there actual bulbs here? What's with the square hole?

Found this thread http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83038 but for an MK1

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
that should be pretty easy.

your turn signal should be a dual filament bulb

cut the 2 power wires to the turn signal light. test to be sure which is the dim park light and which is the signal wire. mark them

get 2 relays. one for each side.

splice the parking light power wire into relay wire 30
splice relay wire 87A into the bright wire of the bulb
splice the turn signal power into 85 and ground wire 86.
wire 87 of the relay is just a dead end.

in this way whenever you park lights are on, your bright bulb filaments will be lit, but when you send "signal" power, it trips the relay and interrupts the bright bulb filament.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Genius! All I needed are the relay numbers too. How-to time lol

This won't burn out anything?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that should be pretty easy.

your turn signal should be a dual filament bulb

cut the 2 power wires to the turn signal light. test to be sure which is the dim park light and which is the signal wire. mark them

get 2 relays. one for each side.

splice the parking light power wire into relay wire 30
splice relay wire 87A into the bright wire of the bulb
splice the turn signal power into 85 and ground wire 86.
wire 87 of the relay is just a dead end.

in this way whenever you park lights are on, your bright bulb filaments will be lit, but when you send "signal" power, it trips the relay and interrupts the bright bulb filament.

This one? http://m.advanceautoparts.com/mt/sh...y-accessory-83215/10492570-P?searchTerm=relay

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts