Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all .
i live in the uk and have a question .
where is the front swaybar / linkage on the ford focus ?
here in the uk nobody seems to have heard this term ( sway bar ]

many thanks ,

mark . [thumb]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Perhaps they call it the anti-roll bar. If you look at the front struts, you will see an aluminum linkage that connects to a "swaybar" that runs across the top of the subframe to the other side.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Also called Anti-Roll Bars or Stabilizer Bars.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Moved to ”Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension”

here in the uk nobody seems to have heard this term ( sway bar ]
More than likely, it's referred to as an "anti roll bar" on your side of the pond. [;)]

There's a good pic of the end-link in this thread:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82241

EDIT
Holy Cripes...how many of us can post at once? [eek] [:D]

·
Registered
113 Posts
At least MotorMadMarc got his answer in a swift manner.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
^^^lol^^^

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks lads for such a swift reply and the pics.

The reason i wanted this info is because since new , the car has had a creaking , plastic sort of noise coming from the front passenger side , which seems to stop after heavy rain .
somebody suggested that it was the (sway bar linkage } which may need lubricating or even replacing ,

many thanks again ,

mark

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
here is another pic of the end link in the front wheel well:

You mention this creaking sound.....it maybe that you just have to tighten the endlinks but let me ask you this...do you pressure wash the under carriage of your car?

There are rubber bushings that wrap around the swaybar under the camps which hold them to the subframe....they require lubricant / grease and that may have washed off over time.

here is a pic:

so when that bar moves/flex, it maybe making that creaking from dry rubber and that metal bar rubbing. When it rains, the rubber is wet and the bar wont make noise. I had this happen just a few months back.....I happened to upgrade the front sway and now no more noise cause its lubed again.

If I am correct, you mostly hear that creaking during subtle motion, like a speed bump or rolling out of the driveway, pulling out from a stop, etc.

Try getting some lube in there and see if that doesnt fix it...I am willing to bet that is the culprit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts