Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a front strut tower bar (or brace depending on your jargon) & it won't fit under the stock hood. D'you think I need to tighten up the screws in for a tighter fit? Pound some braces down on the hood to make it fit? Get an aftermarket hood? Try to pull the brace down with my teeth? Any suggestion would help so I can get those tighter turns that I've always wanted because this derned car is sooooo sluggish & unresponsive (I can't seem to find the *sarcastic* caps on my keyboard here so I hope you understand I am being *sarcastic*). I spent a little under $25 bones for this thing so curbing it in the recycleds wouldn't put me out at all.

Awaiting YOUR response for a more kick ass car [headbang]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a pic of it. It doesn't obstruct my stock intake but it won't let me close my hood. I believe the only indicated name associated with it is AUTORACS1 which probably isn't even the name of the manufacturing company. Keep rolling the suggestions while I just [?|] preoccupy myself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out that APC makes this type of strut tower bar. I don't really like that brand. If I can temporarily get it on my car, cool, but I'd like to switch it out if I can. Try to install or stash it in the recycle bin?

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
As you already know, that one won't work. As In-Line stated you need one with a bend in it. It looks like this one bypassed the bend issue by making it go up and over which is ok
if you want to drive with your hood off. I would scrap it and by one from one of the many sites which offer Strut bars made specifically for the focus but it will cost more than $25, probably closer to $100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts