Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have a front strut brace from Focus Sport and had a question on the install.

I've read past posts and am wondering if I need to jack up the front of the vehicle to install as some suggest. Focus Sport did not say to jack up the vehicle.

Also, I assume unbolting the bolts on the strut tower will not affect the front end alignment...right?

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i never jacked up mine and you only need remove 2 of the 3 bolts to install the brace

·
Registered
14 Posts
yes, you dont need the jack, easy to install and you will feel the difference in ride.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

What would the advantage be of lifting the front of the car during the installation?

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i think if you were to jack up your car you might take off tension and you might get a better fit with the strut bar. i don't know but that would be my guess. hey if you have it jacked up and you remove all three nuts. bye bye struts [:)~] they'd fall out

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OrangeSVTguy said:
i think if you were to jack up your car you might take off tension and you might get a better fit with the strut bar. i don't know but that would be my guess. hey if you have it jacked up and you remove all three nuts. bye bye struts [:)~] they'd fall out

Thanks, that's what I was thinking....bye bye struts. I think I'll do it the way you guys have done it.

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
I tried lifting up my left LCA and it never worked. This brace has been sitting around my house forever. It is the stress bar though. It just doesn't line up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts