Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock 03 SVTF w/ 6-disc Audiophile changer. Front speakers don't work most of the time. Previous owner said it was the head unit, he had an aftermarket LCD dvd player in it where front speakers would work. Upon replacement of stock radio front speakers only work from time to time, replaced aftermarket player they worked fine... Is it my head unit or is there a wire loose somewhere? Speakers are not blown because they come on after hitting a bump and sound great! [dunno] What are my options to check....??? Thanks guys! Don't beat on the Noob too hard...[spank]

·
Registered
487 Posts
sounds like a loose wire going to the head unit to me or any other loose wire You could take off your front door pannels and make sure that they are actually the stock speakers and the guy before you didnt do some crazy wiring job. make sure the wire going to the speaker is tight and secure and if you have the time I would try and trace it back to the head unit. This might be a good time to upgrade speakers while your at it just a suggestion

1 - 2 of 2 Posts