Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Zzzykeyah!!!!!!
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some front rotors preferably some slotted ones and a resonable price any help would be appreciated.oh and its non st.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Why slotted? Have you given this any thought? They won't stop you faster. They will eat your pads faster. They cost more for less performance. What's the justification? You would benefit more from a good quality solid rotor if you really need them. For the price difference you can buy some really good performance pads and come out way ahead.

·
Registered
73 Posts
brembo blank and potterfield R4S. or mintex or hawk. slotted looks cool, but that's it. it'll eat your brake faster unless you're doing road racing very often and don't mind paying the extra cost.

·
Zzzykeyah!!!!!!
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input ill look into the brembo and porterfield pads.i might just save up and go with the svt brakes

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
FYI, Porterfield R4S's are a fairly aggressive pad and have a higher price. Yes, its their street pad but a high performance one as well. As such, they need a little heat and won't bite quite as good the first time they're used or until they warm up. They are a very good pad for a multi use car such as street, light lapping and autocross use. They are also one of the few pads that has a matching rear shoe if you have drums on the rear. The Hawk HPS or Mintex AF might be a better option if the intended use is primarily for the street. Both of these pads work well for autocross as well. We currently have the Centric/Mintex combo on our car and like it alot. You'd be happy with the Brembos as well.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Unless you're a street racer, the standard will work fine, as well as non-slotted/drilled rotors.

Wagner rotors from O'Reilys are guaranteed for life against warping. These cars have a history of warped rotors......a guarantee like that is valuable.

·
Zzzykeyah!!!!!!
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i warped that crap out of my rotors i think im gunna go with front svt brake setup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts