Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, got a good question for ya.

I bought my car almost 3 years ago. Previous owner must have hit something, he was old, there is a dent up by the headlight. and ding elsewhere.

My question is...when my front passenger side window is down and i close the door. It creates quite the rattle. It seems like it isn't in the correct channel anymore and is just sitting loosely in the door.

When it is rolled up halfway, I can jiggle it front to back.

Not really a concern until I put new rain guards in (in-channel) and that is the only window that doesn't go up all the way. When I go to push it up all the way. It becomes off center and I can see the edge of my tint at the top. So i know it is crooked.

I am going to take the door panel off this weekend and look around in there. Any ideas on what it could be?

·
Wit Da Silva Bullit
4,609 Posts
U probably answer ur own question there bud. When u pull the panel off, look at the alignment of the glass... it should land or two rails when all the way down ... also, as it's going up, it should remain inside of a straight channel. That could possibly be bent

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked before. But there is only so much I can see. In depth discovery shall be made.

Well a bend would be awesome! Will take pictures.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
There are plastic clips that hold the window to the regulator. Make sure that they have screws in them and are tightly screwed down. Also, there are rubber pads that attach to the door frame that keeps the window from rattling when the window is down. Also check the window channel frame for loose or missing screws.

Post results.

·
Registered
17,153 Posts
The crap plastic window clips break but you have to pretty much buy entire regulator to get them. Amazon seems to have them.............

http://www.amazon.com/RegulatorFix-...im_auto_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1C5DJBGMTJSE2RGEVH9F

There is a rubber bumper that snaps over the impact beam that runs across door width, it often has come off and lying in bottom of door, look around in there. Bumper stops window from contacting the beam as it comes down.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome thanks man! Those plastic pieces were the only things at the bottoms of the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts