Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've had my 2012 hatch for about a month now and I'm mostly loving it.

I received my Husky Liners recently (which are quite awesome!), and when I went to install the ones for the rear seats, I noticed that I couldn't slide the front passenger seat forward.

I hadn't yet put the front passenger Husky in place yet, so it doesn't seem like the new floor mats are the problem.

Any suggestions on things to try? I was rocking back and forth in the seat like a maniac and it still wouldn't move. [scratch]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine was kind of the same way. I had to really put some force into moving the passenger seat back & forth. I wonder if the track needs some grease to make it easier, heh.

Make sure you don't have some foreign object in the way, as someone else suggested.

And I love the husky liners! Makes vacuuming the interior so much easier.

·
Registered
80 Posts
mine is really stiff. i or a passenger has to be in the seat to move it forward, no dice on just reaching over and sliding it forward.

·
Registered
747 Posts
When I got mine I noticed I couldn't move my driver seat forward. Turns out you just have to give it a strong tug to get it moving. I felt a bit retarded after it moved.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Yeah, I discovered I had to be in the seat to move it (and I only discovered this as I was putting in my Huskys as well two weekends ago). Couldn't do a grab-and-drag while leaning in from the passenger door.

·
Registered
257 Posts
When I picked up my Titanium the passenger seat wouldn't move, they said its was a "misalignment". They had it fixed in about 20 min.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah, they are very stiff on mine as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seat won't move

I also got into the car for the first time today(husband uses car for work) and attempted to move car up to drive to a doctor's appointment. Even though I have fairly good upper body strength, after continually trying for 15 minutes, it would not budge. Had a neighbor come over and try and didn't budge. She ended up taking me to the doctor appointment. My husband finally got it to move after two tries. No car seat should be that hard to move. Can you imagine an elderly person with arthritis?

·
Registered
147 Posts
The tracks need to be aligned to be smooth some times, take it in, if its to stiff and they will fix it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts