Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to install a front mount intercooler with out a turbo kit.... and if so would that have any affect on the performance????

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
It would do nothing, probably hurt performance. FMIC's work because when you compress air it gets hotter. If you are drawing in colder air with a CAI, you can't cool it off more with a FMIC. Also, the FMIC is restrictive, much more so than the stock intake system so chances are you would loose performance over the stock intake setup and a panel filter.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha I'm soo confused.....[bash] [spank]

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
what they are trying to say is....dont do it less u got a turbo, some comapny makes plastic fmic lol look pretty realistic, til you in a race and get smoked

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hahaha nah uh.... the last guy did. The first guy thought it was a really good question....

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
The point is, if you don't get enough pressure to take out the air you put in the FMIC then you will get less air on the TB and then will hurt your performance... get it?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow I sure do now......lol. Thank you for breaking it down Barney Style.......[mecry]

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ya no turbo + front mount = RICE!

If you need to have the front mount look and no intake then look in ebay for a front mount intake......

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hahaha well I like RICE......[neener] Yeah but no I was just wondering if having a front mount intercooler would improve performance or if its best to just get it with a turbo....lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts