Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the front lower stress bar and i wanted to know what everyone else thought of it if they have one. reason why i ask is cause i also have the lower vf mount and this lower bar and i still get wheel hope from time to time. and im wondering if this is normal. i want to get rid of the wheel hope all together. im thinking about upgrading all suspention mounts to the polly bushings.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
If you go to all poly bushings your car is going to shake quite a bit. I personally really want the lower stress bar but have yet to get one.

Now your getting wheel hop? Maybe it's because your car is just brimming with so much power lol.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe it's because your car is just brimming with so much power lol.

^^^^ now thats funny. com-on, but for real i noticed that the car really stiffins up after the bar was installed on dry roads and there is no wheel hope at all but it has rained and snowed here and whenn the tires start to slip in 1st nd 2nd it will hop just as bad like when the car was stock. i just dont know why, my next upgrades are going to be header and tb so after them i will maybe look into getting the front and rear tubed controll arms with the polly bushings. we will see after those are in what happens then.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
If you go to all poly bushings your car is going to shake quite a bit.
are you thinking about all poly engine mounts?? cuz i have all poly suspension bushings and i get no shake or vibrations at all, in fact it was a excellent mod to help my handling.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you thinking about all poly engine mounts?? cuz i have all poly suspension bushings and i get no shake or vibrations at all, in fact it was a excellent mod to help my handling.
^^^ thank you for your input. im done with the motor mounts unless one of the others go bad then i will be forced to upgrade . im thinking about all poly suspension bushings . the only thing that i can see happening is better road feel and faster resopnce. am i right?

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
haha...I miss read it. Sorry. Poly Bushings are great...

all poly motor mounts=Bad unless your a track car.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
I have inserts in the rear mount and the steeda drivers side one. its TIGHT now and the vibrations arent too bad. ill look into the lower stress bar sometime soon

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the lower bar is some say easy to put in, i say if the bolts stay lined up , the car dont shifts and you can get the bolts off . your golden.

·
Registered
584 Posts
What kind of springs and dampers are you on? Weight transfer has a lot to do with traction.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^ stock but that is for a good reasons, i want to get the rest of my cars stucture stiffer befor i put on some aggressive springs that way my car can handle it, its winter and i live in IL, im a big dont fix it if its not brooken type of guy, the things ive done already is only because the car didnt have it already.after i get the bushings i might get all the suspention so i can do it all at the same time.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
While I certainly appreciate the don't fix it til its broken theory you may actually be doing just the opposite. Adding the parts you have may not be fixing anything and may actually be the cause of some of the issues you're experiencing. If you really want to improve handling you have to start at the source which is springs, shocks, and tires. You fine tune from there. Sway bars are the next logical progression. Everything after that is more or less tinkering and is often unneeded or not justifiable for the minute gains they acheive. Just an old fart who's been there and done that himself.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^^ i'll think about your idea. but i dont think im going backwards on this, having the aggressive springs and dampers on first imo would be bad. the stucture of the car needs to be able to take the beating that the road is going to give the car after you put springs on. arnt aggresive spring a much rougher ride?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
i agree with Geezer, you should start with spring and shocks. the poly bushing which improved my handling was only after i had done springs/shocks/ sways, and strut bars.

also, doing a full bushing swap is a PITA. it took me many, many hours (over 20), and you need special equipment. Spring n shock on the other hand is a 4hours job with hand tool and on jack stands.

but back on topic.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
^^^ i'll think about your idea. but i dont think im going backwards on this, having the aggressive springs and dampers on first imo would be bad. the stucture of the car needs to be able to take the beating that the road is going to give the car after you put springs on. arnt aggresive spring a much rougher ride?

It depends on what you mean by aggressive. Most aftermarket kits are not going to destroy or beat up the car up that bad. That's the purpose of a well selected spring/shock combo. That includes Eibach pros, sportlines and most H&R's as well. If you're considering really high spring rates (say over 400 lbs/inch (and I'm being conservative), you need to be doing more than just stress bars. Seam welding strut/shock towers and other areas of the car, boxing control arms and a number other other things also have to be considered. This is what has to be done on track and rally cars. There's lots of people running around on H&R race springs and Koni shocks that haven't turned their cars into pretzels.

·
Registered
584 Posts
^this guy knows what he's talking about.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
im looking into the frpp kit then sway bars. is the frpp kit a harsh ride?
not at all, you can feel a differance, but it's not rough/harsh in the least way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts