Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yeah I have got 3 tickets total for front licence plate, $15 processing and I leave my front Plate cover on!

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Don't see why everyone has a problem. Just throw that sucker on the dash board and just forget about it. No need to drill holes or have the front look all ugly with the plate.

·
Registered
542 Posts
No but that looks ricer!

Lucky for me there is a cover on the front, All I do when I get a ticket, is remove two screws and the cover comes off to show the plate.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
yeah im not a fan of ANYTHING on the dash.....seriously when they make u bring it to the court house to be chaecked out they just look at it..and thats it...u could seriously tape it up there and just pull it off as you leave the parking lot lol

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Sorry but there is no way that cali is going to get rid of that law. And those reasons are bogus.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
^^yah i thought the same thing when I was reading everyones reasoning to why they dont think its nessisary.....there gonna look at this and laugh.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
this is ridiculous.

Second, a front license plate restricts the performance of passenger vehicles. Modern cars aren't being designed with front plates in mind anymore, because mounting brackets that are necessary to hold the plates interfere with the cars' aerodynamics and often get damaged during the car-washing process.
i honestly don't think i've ever read anything that stupid.

leave the law, leave the plate, quit bitching.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i read somewhere that its up to the officer if he wants to give you a $10 fix it ticket or the $100 fine. i don't know, i might be wrong.

·
Registered
542 Posts
yeah I know its not going to pass, I think its funny what crap people will come up with to try and convince the state.

LMAO

·
Registered
251 Posts
Actually, I don't think that this petition is detrimental. Although it isn't a huge factor to receive a $10 dollar ticket and consequently have to go to the Court House, why would people want to spend $10 dollars and invest it into a place that will make the rich richer (Our current Government). In addition, most of us "Car Enthusiasts", prefer avoiding the typical "Run-in" with Law Enforcement. If this petition passes, we would avoid possible harassment by the police, by eliminating this factor. Remember, that in a democracy, voices should be heard, no matter what the issue. If over 20,000 people have signed the current petition, it probably isn't such a small matter.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The simple fact that an Officer can not run your licence plate from both front and rear will keep this from passing. Think about it, Cops would be looking for a certain car and they are rolling up, but they have to go passed it and look at the rear. Come on now. I think NOT!

Sure it will get attention but it wont pass.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The simple fact that an Officer can not run your licence plate from both front and rear will keep this from passing. Think about it, Cops would be looking for a certain car and they are rolling up, but they have to go passed it and look at the rear. Come on now. I think NOT!

Sure it will get attention but it wont pass.
It doesn't seem like you understand this matter completely. I've been pulled over solely for not having the front plate on. Nobody is talking about running your plates from the front or the rear. It simply means that you take away the possibility of gettting pulled over for another reason, if the petition passes. It eliminates a potential factor for being pulled over. Simple as that.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
^^but because that fact of them not being able to indentify a vehicle from the front it ill never pass.

and as far as being pulled over...a cop can pull you over when ever they want...you can bring up your rights...you can ask why you were pulled over...THEY DONT NEED A REASON!

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
^^but because that fact of them not being able to indentify a vehicle from the front it ill never pass.

and as far as being pulled over...a cop can pull you over when ever they want...you can bring up your rights...you can ask why you were pulled over...THEY DONT NEED A REASON!
idk about you...but cops can't pull you over just because they feel like it.

they have to have some sort of cause. whether it be no front plate, exhaust, speeding, etc. they have to have cause.

i've been pulled over a lot and i've never had a cop go "i pulled you over because i feel like it"

i've done multiple ride alongs and they run plates before they pull cars over (every time)

my brother in law is a cop, i've asked him, and rode along with him, he always have a reason

usually things like no front plate, busted tail lights or whatever end up being bigger offenses like drugs, or DUI, or something. they have cause whether you wanna think they do or not.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
and that "sort" of cause...can be ANYTHING they wanna pull outta there ass....dude I know people that got pulled over because there car "bounced" funny...and just because you know a single cop dosent mean they all play by the books...when theres a good cop theres 10 BAD ONES to back him up.....Ive been stopped for no reason...tags check in good....i have insurance..i have a DL...and the cop says have a nice day...what was his reasoning...we wll never know....I dont get messed with alot...cops pretty much leave me alone cause I keep my car clean and give them very few chances/reasons to pull me over...but dude they can what they want..who is gonna tell them there wrong?

·
Registered
810 Posts
seriously when they make u bring it to the court house to be checked out they just look at it..and thats it...u could seriously tape it up there and just pull it off as you leave the parking lot lol
not CHP over by my house... i tried taking my old mustang with the front plate zip tied on and they made me come back with them screwed on..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts