Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from a 1 license plate state, and I don't much care for the rectangle on the front of my car... Anyone find a replacement plastic insert that doesn't have a license plate spot? Or how about some other solution?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm in a two-plate State and parallel park a lot -- surrounded by inconsiderate and careless neighbors. I will be opting for the 6" long license plate bolts, tapered to needle-sharp points. Just can't decide between barbed and un-barbed.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I'm in a two-plate State and parallel park a lot -- surrounded by inconsiderate and careless neighbors. I will be opting for the 6" long license plate bolts, tapered to needle-sharp points. Just can't decide between barbed and un-barbed.
+1 Group buy?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Here's a shortened version of the extended license plate bolts mounted to an early prototype FoFo 3gen:

Piano Black is COOOL, no?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I have one plate for your car, Creamsicle. I think it's a good advice for your neighbors [thumb]

·
Registered
395 Posts
I am from a 1 license plate state, and I don't much care for the rectangle on the front of my car... Anyone find a replacement plastic insert that doesn't have a license plate spot? Or how about some other solution?
Here you go
[nono]

·
Registered
29 Posts
This was one of the first things I thought of when I was waiting for my car. It would be really cool if you could get a plate sized piece of piano black trim that continued the ridges across the gap.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I went with a German plate that was similar to the ones found in Saarlouis (where the Euro Focus is made). I think it really fits the car well and I've got a ton of compliments on it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went with a German plate that was similar to the ones found in Saarlouis (where the Euro Focus is made). I think it really fits the car well and I've got a ton of compliments on it.

There is a company that will custom make a Euro style plate with whatever you want on it. My friend got one made for his Mini with the state flag and his actual plate # and has been driving around with that on his car as his only plate. I keep waiting to hear about him getting pulled over, but it's been several months so far.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've been considering using the area to place specific decals and change them every month or so. Just haven't found anything that interests me as of yet. Don't want to put 'Ford' there. Maybe a FF decal???

·
Registered
537 Posts
Any chance you could post a link to the company that makes the Euro plates?
I bought mine from Europlates and I was able to get the registration seal and tax disc off of eBay. My plate came in about a week.

There are a few other companies but one that you should stay away from is European Plates.com. When I had my MINI I ordered a plate for them and got the run around with them saying my plate was delayed. Then when they shipped it, it never arrived and the "lost" the tracking number. I had to get Pay Pal involved and eventually got my money back 6 months after the order was placed. They are one of the shadiest companies I've ever dealt with.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This was one of the first things I thought of when I was waiting for my car. It would be really cool if you could get a plate sized piece of piano black trim that continued the ridges across the gap.
This. Would love to have something like this that attached there. With black screws. Probably the only mod I would make to this car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The billet one looks nice. I have to have it painted gloss black though...

·
Registered
62 Posts
How about a Ron Paul bumper sticker?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts