Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ZX5
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgot to PB Blaster the hell out of the bolts well ahead of time, though most of them came out just fine with the large breaker bar, The one that barely moved is concerning me though: I don't know if the PB is going to get it, or it's going to snap or strip. I'd like to have a spare bolt and nut on hand, and maybe the one behind it as well.

the one he's just about to start on at that time stamp and the next one just in case. After all, even if this side goes fine after the PB has time to soak in, I've still got the other side to do afterward. Anyone got specs on these?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
You can find the needed specs in the Ford Service Manual (FSM) for $50-$75. I’ve found it to be well worth its cost over the last few years.

The Ford Shop Manual - which I have - gives torque specs but does not give part numbers or fastener descriptions.

Paul

Reactions: beretta96

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Forgot to PB Blaster the hell out of the bolts well ahead of time, though most of them came out just fine with the large breaker bar, The one that barely moved is concerning me though: I don't know if the PB is going to get it, or it's going to snap or strip. I'd like to have a spare bolt and nut on hand, and maybe the one behind it as well.

the one he's just about to start on at that time stamp and the next one just in case. After all, even if this side goes fine after the PB has time to soak in, I've still got the other side to do afterward. Anyone got specs on these?
The FCA bolts/nuts have some loctite from the factory and application of some heat can aid removal.

Paul

·
Registered
2004 ZX3 SVT EE 160k miles. 2004 ZX3 SVT 189k miles
3,517 Posts
If you are in the snowbelt, the bolt can corrode and seize to the metal sleeve in the lca bushing. Sawzall is your friend there.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
If you are in the snowbelt, the bolt can corrode and seize to the metal sleeve in the lca bushing. Sawzall is your friend there.
The rear bolts - that the OP is alluding to - do not go thru a bushing.
Automotive tire Bumper Rim Bicycle part Gas
Automotive tire Bicycle part Bumper Fender Gas

In the rust belt (Im in MA) anti seize on those bolts (after thread cleaning) is your friend
Tool Font Wood Office supplies Stationery
Musical instrument Font Ratchet Art Tints and shades

Paul

Reactions: pbfoot

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
@Paul1958 Your MK1 FSM doesn't include part numbers? Below is a picture of the front suspension in the 2007 FSM:

True, the FSM doesn't include the first four alpha-numeric characters of the P/N, nor does it contain the final two letters but it contains the middle section -- which usually gets me there.
Very interesting. This is what my 2002 shop manual looks like.
Table World Book Blue Publication
Handwriting Book Font Publication Monochrome photography
Purple Book Publication Violet Rectangle

Looks like the early shop manuals did not have the same info as the later ones.

Paul

Reactions: beretta96

·
Registered
2002 ZX5
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The FCA bolts/nuts have some loctite from the factory and application of some heat can aid removal.
Doh! I use loctite all the time and didn't even consider that the stuff may still be working after 20 years. Torch added to the pile of tools for the next attempt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts