Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if someone can confirm if the front airbag impact sensor on a 2012 Focus SE is located behind the front bumper cover and grille area? The module I'm wondering about is mounted somewhat low, directly in the middle of the grille area, and has a three wire (red, white, brown) connector going to it.

This isn't really visible from the front and can only be seen from below by removing the plastic "splash shield" that sits under the grille/bumper area.

I found some rodent damage and had to splice a connection, and discovered that the wire went to the module I described above.

If this isn't an impact sensor, what is it?

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Just wondering if someone can confirm if the front airbag impact sensor on a 2012 Focus SE is located behind the front bumper cover and grille area? The module I'm wondering about is mounted somewhat low, directly in the middle of the grille area, and has a three wire (red, white, brown) connector going to it.

This isn't really visible from the front and can only be seen from below by removing the plastic "splash shield" that sits under the grille/bumper area.

I found some rodent damage and had to splice a connection, and discovered that the wire went to the module I described above.

If this isn't an impact sensor, what is it?
There are 6 impact sensors, none are located in the center of the car and all are connected by two wires.

Do you have a picture of this rogue module?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry - I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the module, and now it's all buttoned up so I can't get a camera in there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to resurrect but I've tried twice to post and neither are up after days of waiting and no reply from a mod.

2010 Focus SE hit in the rear trunk ABOVE the bumper bar; impact to trunk area caused bumper bar to get pulled up and in, and damage the rear trunk liner and tailight mounting area. No airbag deployment and no issues with the airbag lights. Going to pull the rear bumper out (salvage rebuild) along with realigning the trunk and need to know if that can trip up the SRS system or not. Will be pulling only, using comealongs for pretension to the trunk area and using bottle jacks on their sides in a jig to carefully push the panel back out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts