Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted a photo how to do it for changing my tail light which was awesome, thanks :)

I need one for changing my headlight now..... All my lights keep dying within two weeks of each other!

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I can't find any good pictures right now.

But it's pretty straight forward.

1. Double check the fuses first. Could save you from buying and returning a lamp.
2. Remove the cover on the back of the lamp housing, righty tighty lefty loosey.
3. This one is debatable depending on the connector condition. You can either remove the connector with the HL in place or remove the lamp then remove the connector. Lots of connectors are burnt or failing so the second may be easier.
There is a metal clip you have to flip down to get the lamp out. There is a "ball" at the top and you just move it to the passenger side to unclip it then it swings down and out of the way.
Should be able to pull the lamp out now.
Reverse for reinstall, but put the plug on last and be sure to not touch the glass with your skin, use a paper towel if necessary.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I'm going to do it in the morning, hopefully it warms up a bit. I park outside and it's minus 35ish which would be way too cold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts