·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible and legal to change the turn signal lights in the front grill to
a clear lense just as you can do with the side marker lights and put in a
colored bulb?? Or do you have to get a new cutom grill?? Where
would you find such a grill?? This is for my '03' ZX5

Would like to get rid of the orange eyes, reminds me of a cat staring out of the bushes.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
You can make them clear as long as they are amber/orange in color when on or flashing...
Not sure of anyone selling clear turn signal lenses for the grill...

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
i dont know of anyone that has a clear upper turn signal.. and if you do let everyone know, im sure that all of us would bounce on it..

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
My plan is to get a euro grill (turn signal delete) and some m3 mirrors with amber turns in them. You could also get the st170 headlights which have the turning indicator build into the headlight assembly.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
st170 headlights????? Where can I get those??

·
Registered
292 Posts
Get a can of niteshades and tint them!

·
Registered
580 Posts
you can get clear grille turn signals

i saw them on a cd-silver zx3 on the street in seattle.

you can get clear grille turn-signal lenses, i just don't know where. i've been searching for a while.

yes, they're legal, as long as you put orange bulbs in.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw someone on e-bay selling a Euro grille with clear turn signal lense but it went
for $180! Too much, think I'll just save my money and get ST170's and get rid of the
grille lights all-together

·
Registered
951 Posts
I was just looking on the European website and the ST's are only 239, which I think is somewhere around $270?? Seemed pretty reasonable for those lights, but not sure how much shipping and stuff would be. I want to get a new grille without the Ford emblem also.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Yeah, considering they're very different from 95% of all US Foci, I think they're worth the price and they're OEM (just not for us), not aftermarket. I haven't seen any crusinin around southern New England! I was supposed to have gotten them by now, but things always get in the way! Like bills, and early Xmas shopping... etc. I think Sascha said you'd need the lights, light bulbs, and wiring harness and I think you're golden.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If I were me, I'd pop those lights out of the grill all together & hide them in the lower part of the grill by the fog lights. A little work but amn that would look KLEEEEEEEN! I'm going to eliminate those ligts from my grill & try to mod my fog lights (they have an amber bottom half to them) with the lighting & wires from the grill turn signals. Then get euro side markers w/ some amber lights, and those BMW looking headlights with the halos in them. Will have pics when its done.

After that, jack my car up 12" put 15" rims & some monster tires on it, hella lights on the roof, dual VW style exhaust pipes straight up out the back, & a bumper sticker that says keep on truckin!

Sorry, my sarcasm caps got stuck back there... Rock on with yo bad foci-self!

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm going to punt on the clear gille lights also and go for the ST's. It'll be awhile, saving some cash but it will be worth it in the end and who knows maybe six months from now they'll be cheaper. For now I have the grille lights blacked out.

Go Kansas City Chiefs 9 and 0000000000000000000!

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
I here that! I most of all want the 2003-4 RS look on my baby. No hope in finding them. And if you do find them for sale, I will give you a dollar.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts